The death toll at the site of the collapsed three-storey building in the Yaba area of Lagos rose to five on Sunday.
The bodies of the deceased persons were recovered from the rubble of the building, which was under construction when it collapsed on Saturday.
One of the lifeless bodies recovered on Sunday was that of a student on industrial training, pushing the death toll to five.
As at Saturday night, three persons had been confirmed dead.
Two persons have been rescued alive, the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency Public Relations Officer, Okunbor Nosa said.
The incident happened on Akanbi Crescent, close to the University of Lagos.
First responders from the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency arrived at the scene to begin rescue operations.
According to the PRO, the recovered persons from the rubble were two adult males while the “five dead persons were also males”.
Meanwhile, the Director-General, Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu said emergency responders recovered the bodies following the deployment of heavy-duty equipment by the agency.
He added that the recovery operation was still ongoing in a bid to rescue other victims of the tragedy.