Sunday, July 3, 2022

Barcelona President Laporta Blast Demebele For His Decision To Remain At The Club

ADVERTISEMENT

Barcelona president, Joan Laporta has slammed Ousmane Dembele’s decision to remain at the club until the end of the season.

Laporta criticized Dembele and admitted that “it makes no sense” to him as to why the France international would remain at the LaLiga giants.

Dembele had been linked with a move away from Barcelona after the two parties failed to agree on a contract extension.

The former Dortmund star rejected a new contract offer by Barcelona and his current deal will expire at the end of the season.

Barcelona had already told Dembele to leave the club during the January transfer window.

But despite being linked with Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea, a deal for Dembele was unable to be completed.

As a result, Dembele will leave Barcelona for nothing at the end of the season.

“We presented him with two proposals and they were good,” Laporta said as quoted by Goal.

“We are very surprised that he did not accept. The last one was from an English club and he did not want to go, he preferred to stay here for six months.

“It is not good neither for him nor for the club, because his renewal gave us a salary margin and we would not have been having to work until the last minute.

“The whole Dembélé thing is difficult to understand. Xavi is working and has to think about next season. We think he has an agreement with another club. That’s what his agent has insinuated to us. We will act for the good of the club.”

Sandra Idubor

RelatedPosts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

I agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Create New Account!

Fill the forms below to register

*By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Add New Playlist